YO COR BURN ME

January 06, 2005

take a stand!!!!!

There are some moments in our very short lives that are very meaniningful...i have just returned from my thursday night bible study the G.I.F.T (gods instruction for today)when i suddenly realised that my life at the moment has no real direction or purpose, every direction i turn; a door closes or a path is blocked and dissapointment hits me, it feels like the devil is trying to pull me back, this is when i decided to do something about it, i would take a stand against every exterior influence that taints my christian existance, i will NOT be ashamed of the one who gave life and i WILL tell the devil that he cant burn me because i AM FIREPROOF!!!!!

PILLAR
FIREPROOF
(verse)
Heres a chance to show you how i feel
a chance for you to see whats real
to see just what i feel inside and who it is thats by my side
i will never change my mind
try to torch me and you'll find you cant turn me or deter me
no matter how you try, you cant burn me
(chorus)
I know where i stand and what'll happen if you try it
I AM FIREPROOF
I know my heart and i just cant deney it
I AM FIREPROOF
I tried to tell you but you wouldn't be quiet
I AM FIREPROOF
I'll never bow down and you wont by it
I AM FIREPROOF
(verse)
Now you know what im all about
theres no chance i'll ever doubt
the only one who can control me i extol the almighty
you want me to put it on the line and give yield to you this time
see but i wont compramise and i realize its my time to rise
its my time to rise
(repeat chorus)
You'll never take me in the fire
you'll never take my own desires
You'll never take me in the fire
you'll never take my own desires
(repeat chorus)

this song has significance to me and my life if the lyrics are influential to anyone else then please i would love to hear how?

thats it todeay goodnight!!!!!!

lyrical content by rwj at 6.1.05

2 Comments:

  • Rob! You rule!

    I'm so happy that you've joined the Blogging community, allow me (the second person at Oakham to Blog) to be the first to give you a very very warm welcome! Recently a lot of people have neglected and deleted their Blogs so to see new ones being born is very pleasing to me!

    I am a hardcore Blogger. Follow in my footsteps and you too can be hardcore.

    Because you're not hardcore! (No you're not hardcore)
    Unless you live hardcore! (Unless you live hardcore)
    But the legend of the Blogs was WAY hardcore!

    See you tomorrow dude, peace!

    By Blogger Simon Bridgwater, at Thursday, 06 January, 2005  

  • dood!! You do truly rock and have the way of the ROCK. There is no doubt in my mind about this fact.

    Now you must continue to blog and increase the level of your blog worthyness and press on to higher ground, in short you must blog.

    Dood, you ARE fireproof!! We are also bullet proof (if we are talking about the evil sharp bullets of the evil one) and we are going to WIN hands down because of what Jesus has done. So, it's certainly something to be cheerie about! Get some focus, get some direction and push harder and further with God!

    By Blogger James, at Tuesday, 11 January, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home